The European Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia is a not-for- profit organization funded by the European Union.
Our mandate is to enhance trade and investment relations between EU Member States and Cambodia through a
range of advocacy initiatives, outreach activities, and business support services. We are seeking applications from
individuals with a highly analytical mindset and excellent writing and research skills to become our Trade and
Investment Research Analyst. This position sits between the business and political spheres and will involve
supporting the entry of European companies into the market and supporting the Advocacy team in representing
the interests of the European business community vis-à- vis the Royal Government of Cambodia.
The Trade and Investment Research Analyst reports directly to the Business Support Manager and works closely
with the Advocacy Manager on specific projects.
The Trade and Investment Research Analyst focuses specifically on providing information which aims to support
European businesses interested in entering the Cambodian market. (S)he will be principally responsible for
gathering and interpreting data, formulating reports and making recommendations to clients based upon the
research findings. We aim to be able to provide services to clients from a broad range of industries and, to
accomplish this task, the Trade and Investment Research Analyst works with the Business Support Manager to
develop relationships across as extensive a network as possible so as to position the team as ‘only one step
removed’ from relevant information about any sector.
Business Services (60%)
- Managing revenue-generating business support services from sales through to delivery;
- ? Developing and maintaining strong networks within the business community and other key stakeholder
- Conducting bespoke research projects (desk research, structured interviews) to answer specific questions posed by prospective market entrants;
- Keeping up-to- date with latest developments in the Cambodian political, business and regulatory spheres;
- Supporting prospective investors during trade missions and B2B meetings facilitated by EuroCham;
- Representing the Chamber at external conferences and trade fairs for information-gathering and networking purposes;
- Process development (eg. CRM, sales process, knowledge management)
- Storing relevant market information to act as the ‘knowledge hub’ of the Chamber so as to provide internal support to other teams;
- Support the consultation and drafting process for the “White Book”, an annual set of trade and investment policy recommendations published by EuroCham for the Royal Government on behalf of the European business community;
- Help to draft position papers on sector-specific issues;
- Represent the Chamber in public-private dialogue events
General Support (10%)
- Other tasks as necessary, including drafting or proofreading of English-language texts for external communication and checking of contracts with external service providers.
- University degree in an essay-based subject such as Economics, Business, History, or International Relations.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Native-level fluency in English;
- Excellent writing skills, ability to present complex information in a clear and understandable manner;
- Strong research skills – both desk research and structured interviews
- Ability to develop and leverage a large network in a multicultural environment;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to switch between multiple tasks and retain knowledge across a broad range of topics.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of additional European languages (besides English);
- Any prior experience in sales and business development;
- Existing network and knowledge within the Cambodian market;
- Design and visual communication skills.
Interested by this opportunity? Submit your CV and application letter to email@example.com