About EuroCham Cambodia
EuroCham Cambodia was founded in 2011 and has since grown to a membership of over 300, making it the largest Western business association in Cambodia today. EuroCham offers a range of business services to companies who are interested in exploring investment opportunities in Cambodia, providing market research, technical information and practical advice on how to get started in this exciting Southeast Asian market. EuroCham Cambodia represents its members’ interests and concerns vis-à-vis the Royal Government of Cambodia and seeks to work alongside the authorities to create a more attractive investment environment for European companies, SMEs in particular.
In addition, EuroCham Cambodia implements a European Union 5 year program to provide Support for European Business in South East Asian Markets (SEBSEAM). The SEBSEAM program aims to increase and diversify exports and investments of EU business to Cambodia and ensure EuroCham’s financial sustainability in the long term
EuroCham Cambodia is focusing on the three following pillars, which are to be further strengthened in the coming years: advocacy, services and membership. The main goal will be to enhance the sustainability of these pillars in the view of the after-grant period.
Description of the Position
The Executive Director is in charge of managing all chamber operations, and for carrying out policies and duties adopted/approved by the board through an annual program of actions: one important focus being until 2019-20 the coordination of the implementation of the ICI+ SEBSEAM Project and the relationship with the donor.
The ED manages a team to ensure daily operations and strategy implementation. The executive director will report to the EuroCham chairman, its executive committee and the Board of Directors. Within a team of over 15, a highly professional management team is in place to support the executive director.
Chambers operations include:
- Lead the operational implementation of the annual program approved by the Board
- Regularly report to the Board/ExCom/Chairman on activities implantation and financial matters
- Ensure relationships and reporting with the European Union Delegation for the smooth implantation of the ICI+ program.
- Contribute to the elaboration of a strategic development plan with the view of preparing EuroCham post ICI+ transition
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; Organize the Annual General Meeting of the chamber and conduct board elections
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners at the national regional and international level
- Maintain legal integrity of the chamber
- Ensure supervision and implementation of all administrative, HR, IT and financial matters
- Financial controlling and reporting :
- Propose, implement and control overall EuroCham annual budget and long-range forecast of needs.
- Work closely with the treasurer, accounting manager/service provider and the appointed auditor in monitoring EuroCham’s finances
MANAGEMENT OF THE ICI+ GRANT
The ED should supervise and ensure the implementation of the activities required and the reporting to the donor. This includes more specifically:
- Ensure compliance with the requirements linked to a EU-funded program: rules, expenditures, audit, visibility, communication…etc.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of the ICI+ budget until the end of the program.
- Prepare the annual ICI+ report budget and request the annual installment
SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES INCLUDE but are not limited to:
- Ensure smooth coordination of and relationship with EuroCham Founding Chambers and National Chapters (CCIFC, ADW, BritCham, NordCham, ICBA)
- Develop and supervise effective membership programs and services
- Ensure the continuity and the implementation of the advocacy program including :
- Coordination of sectoral committees
- Publication of the White Book and follow up on policy responses
- Inform the EU Delegation (DG Trade) and the EU Member States Embassies on the contents of the Advocacy program and coordinate advocacy actions when possible
- Continue to ensure smooth relationships with the Royal Government of Cambodia, the Cambodian Private Sector and development partners.
- Ensure the timely delivery of EuroCham ongoing quality services to clients.
- Develop a business model for services with the view of ensuring EuroCham future financial sustainability
- Create and manage innovative services to third parties in order to increase revenues
- Promote Cambodia overseas as a trade and investment destination through outreach activities, especially with European companies
European and ASEAN network development
- Continue to participate to inter-ASEAN and international meetings
- Promote actively cooperation and collaboration with other European chambers : organization of joint events
Communication and Marketing
- Maintain effective internal and external public relations and serve as spokesperson for the chamber with all stakeholders, in conjunction with the chairman and executive committee
- Develop and maintain an effective communication strategy that is responsive to the needs of all stakeholders (Members, National Chapters, European Union…)
- University Degree, preferably in business administration/political sciences/ international relations
- Senior position : at least 10 years work experience with 5 year work experience in trade and investment or policy work
- Proven ability to manage relationships with high level institutional stakeholders (Ministries, Embassies, Development Partners…)
- Ability to work under intense pressure with tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent institutional communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and another European language
- Excellent knowledge of Cambodia’s institutional, legal, business and cultural environment is preferred
- Knowledge of Khmer is an asset