Group for the Environment, Renewable Energy and Solidarity (GERES) is a French NGO, active in Cambodia for the last 20 years. GERES main focus areas are environmental conservation, climate change mitigation and adaptation, reduction of energy poverty, and improvement of livelihoods.
GERES is implementing a pilot project to support the emergence of a supply chain for sustainable charcoal in Cambodia.
The supply chain that the project wants to test is centered on a physical (warehouse) and online (website) platform that will link together the forest Communities (CFs), the sustainable charcoal producers, the distributors and the consumers.
GERES is seeking a qualified candidate to set-up, launch and start operating the pilot platform, for a period of 12 months with possible extension. Based in Phnom Penh, The Project Officer will ensure the development and operationalization of the storage and distribution platform, the coordination of the supply chain stakeholders, and the rolling out of the IT technologies used along the chain, while providing continuous feedback to the project supervision team.
Mission and objectives
Under the responsibility of the SEFED Program Manager, the Project Officer is responsible for the following tasks:
- Supervise the project team and coordinate their activities (4 National staff, of which 2 in the field)
- Supervise the financial needs for activities implementation and subsequent reporting
- Supervise the logistics of distribution operations (cash flow, warehouse renting, charcoal stocks, vehicle purchase, etc.)
- Contribute to donors reporting on activities
- Report regularly to the Program manager (incl. on quantitative and qualitative data)
Platform setting-up and operating tasks
- Apply a system approach to designing and managing the entire flow of information, materials, and services
- Plan, coordinate, monitor the receipt, order, and delivery of products (Items, Stock in-Stock out)
- Develop and implement administrative and financial process and procedures, continuously identify the bottlenecks to improve efficiency
- Develop and implement logistics (incl. shipment) process and procedures, continuously identify the bottlenecks to improve supply chain efficiency
- Manage the traceability mobile application, charcoal ordering website, and back-end website, liaising with developers to debug/refine the IT infrastructures
- Oversee the marketing strategy for the sale of sustainable charcoal and market intelligence activities
- Create and implement cost-tracking tools of the operation at different levels (CFs, producers, distribution, platform, etc.)
- Represent the sustainable charcoal platform with government bodies and stakeholders on the forest and energy sector
- Any other tasks as seen fit for the success of the pilot project
- Master degree in business administration, management, entrepreneurship or related. Specialization in logistic and/or e-business an asset
- Experience in business or production/stock management, supply chain management, business start-up, preferably related to cooking energy
- Experience in development of small and medium enterprises, product development, market opportunities screening, etc. is preferred
- Sound knowledge of web technologies and e-business
- Experience in teams’ supervision an asset
- Experience in Energy or Environment field an asset
- Reporting skills
- Fluency in English mandatory. Knowledge of Khmer is an asset.
- Fluency in Microsoft office (word, Excel, PPT)
- Solutions oriented, proactive, entrepreneurial mind, and willing to tackle a new challenge
- Send in english Cover Letter (highlighting capacity to carry on mission), CV and 2 professional references relevant for the mission to email@example.com
- Subject: “GERES _ Charcoal platform Project Officer_your name”
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is successfully filled
- Gross Salary depending on qualification and experience
- Expected start: asap