European Chamber of Commerce (EuroCham) in Cambodia
Job Description |EU Fund Project Manager
The European Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia is a not-for-profit organization funded by the European Union. Our mandate is to enhance trade and investment relations between EU Member States and Cambodia through a range of advocacy initiatives, outreach activities, and business support services. The overall objective of the project is to promote the European Business in Cambodia and to promote Cambodia as an attractive business destination for the European companies.
We are seeking applications from individuals with a strong experience in similar projects to liaise with the EuroCham Implementing Team for monitoring the implementation of the activities that are funded by the EU. The Project Manager, under the overall supervision of the EuroCham Executive Director, will be responsible for the overall monitoring, administration, financial management, reporting and general technical direction of this EU-funded program.
The applicant shall have significant experience of institutional grant management; preferably with projects funded by the EU, UN or other international organisations. The incumbent will require to pay great attention to details, ensuring on time project delivery, budget and communication management according to the EU guidelines.
The Project Manager provides regular updates to the EuroCham Executive Director on the project status as well as providing general project, finance and budget oversight, along with staff and resource management within the project scope.
The Project Manager, acting as the key contact point for this project with the donor, shall:
- Ensure overall responsibility for the administrative and financial management of the project;
- Ensure regular communication with the donor (EU) on administrative and financial status of the project;
- Monitor project progress;
- Prepare, under the overall supervision of the Executive Director, the interim and final narrative reports as well as financial reports in accordance with the donor agreement and templates;
- Contribute to plan and implement the activities to achieve the greatest impact possible;
- Oversee the budget line per activity, addressing possible deviations and necessary alignments;
- Oversee the supporting services such as finance, administration, logistics to ensure proper financial management systems;
- Ensure compliance with the contractual visibility requirements of the grant in the implementation of all the activities;
- Monitor project feedback, indicators, and interventions to achieve project outputs;
REQUIRED SKILLS OR EXPERIENCES
- Minimum five year-experience in project management and monitoring including financial management and oversight of donor-funded development program;
- Solid management, coordination and relationship-building skills across a variety of stakeholders and constituencies;
- Master degree in a relevant field;
- Attention to detail;
- Knowledge and experience with regulations, administrative and financial procedures related to EU grants and development projects;
- Strong communication both oral and written (in formal and informal situations) problem solving, analysis, decision-making and negotiation;
- presentation and organisational skills;
- Fluent in English, both writing and speaking;
- Good computer literacy skills in particular Excel;
- Good sense of responsibility, flexibility, ability to work both in team and independently;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office;
- Experience in working in the private sector;
- Knowledge of Khmer language.