In 2017 Nexus mapped and visualized more than 100 financial schemes in the “Financing Renewable Energy in South East Asia” report. Nexus is now looking for a Finance Consultant to be engaged from October 2018-February 2018 who can lead on the updating of the mapping exercise. The goal of the updated finance landscape mapping is to equally represent all Southeast Asian target countries (Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines) as the 2017 mapping had a strong focus on Cambodia and Myanmar. To better present and disseminate the mapping research, the consultants work will then be used to create an online visualization tool which will increase the accessibility and dissemination of the findings. The Consultant will need to conduct desk research to obtain the data needed as well as arrange meetings or phone calls with select financiers to gather additional information. The Consultant will work independently with minimal supervision to deliver the required outputs.
Key responsibilities include:
- In coordination with the Nexus team, review and update the methodology used for the 2017 mapping exercise (see Annex of report).
- Based on the agreed methodology, verify, update and expand list of funding schemes and their characteristics:
- Conduct research and interview relevant stakeholders to verify existing financial schemes listed and update information as needed.
- Expand as much as possible the list with new financial schemes which have come available since last year as well as financial schemes in countries which were not prioritized in 2017 (Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines) to ensure representation of funding schemes across the region.
- Collaborate with Nexus Communications Officer to ensure all data is available and easy to use to be integrated into the online mapping visualization, including short word descriptions for each financial scheme.
- Draft 2 to 3 new case studies to support the communication and dissemination of the financial schemes. Update existing case studies as needed.
- Update and improve as necessary the list of financial and non-financial tools and their applicability to the various schemes
- Support Nexus in identifying the partners in the region who are undertaking similar initiatives (non-energy focused) and with whom collaboration would avoid duplication of work.
1. Updated and expanded excel file containing innovative financial schemes for clean energy in Southeast Asia with details on the characteristics of each scheme, ready to be used for the online mapping visualization.
2. Two to three new case studies (max 1 page each) to support the communication and dissemination of the online visualization.
3. Updated research methodology (if applicable)
4. Updated list of financial and non-financial tools (if applicable)
Budget and Delivery Dates?
- There is an available budget of $1,500 for the delivery of the expected outcomes. The Consultant should be available through February for small revisions and responses to questions from the team.
- Delivery Dates:
- Kick off meeting with Nexus team week of October 22nd, 2018
- Outline of planned updates by Consultant by October 31, 2018
- Delivery of Outputs by December 14, 2018
- Small changes and updates for finalization from January – February 2019
Send your CV, cover letter (include relevant experience, availability, and suggested work plan max 1.5 pages) and at least 1 writing sample to email@example.com with “Finance Consultant” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis before the 16th of October 2018. The full job description can be viewed on our website.