This role provides an opportunity for a proactive individual to have a leading role in managing Nexus’ main client accounts, and scope to be a key contributor to the strategy of the Carbon Asset Management business line.
This role is best suited to an individual who is passionate about climate-friendly development, understands the current trends in corporate responsibility, carbon offsetting, neutrality and climate resiliency. Good business acumen, with a track record of relationship building and sales are critical attributes of the successful candidate. Direct experience with carbon markets is preferred.
The post-holder will work with autonomy and be involved in the unit's delivery and direction.
The post-holder will have a key delivery role in a revenue-generation unit, contributing to the core funding activity of low-carbon development projects, chiefly through the sales of carbon credits to corporate clients and investors.
Secure carbon finance deals
- Manage and expand a portfolio of private organization contacts based mainly in Europe, to target for Emission Reduction (ERs) purchases, and possibly other Internationally Transferred Mitigation Outcomes (ITMOs) going forward;
- Source, negotiate, contract and close deals, including responding to requests for proposals and tender opportunities;
- Ensure that after-sale deliverables are completed and that client satisfaction levels are consistently high.
Deliver on Commercial strategy and processes
- Contribute to client engagement tools and sales strategies and processes;
- Deliver on engagement services such as carbon footprinting and bespoke training;
- Present and cross-sell Nexus’ services including technical and consultancy expertise, funds and knowledge services to potential clients and investors;
- Identify and deliver corporate responsibility and shared value collaboration opportunities with corporate clients while building ongoing commercial relations.
Report to Nexus' members
- Support relationship-management with Nexus' members, including providing feedback on ongoing sales, revenue-generating activity and investor relations;
- Provide assistance to members on technical issues, as part of Carbon Asset Management.
Key skills and qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in business development and sales;
- Degree in Business Administration, Environmental Science, Sustainable Development or related field; relevant Master’s degree a plus;
- Proficient English speaker with excellent writing skills; French, German, Mandarin or other languages a plus;
- A network of corporate and other organisational contacts, with a focus on corporate sustainability and/or responsibility;
- Experience with contract negotiations;
- Intellectual curiosity with ability to stay abreast of markets and trends and interest in technical aspects of carbon markets;
- Ability to manage large datasets effectively;
- Strong working knowledge of all MS Office products, especially MS Excel;
- Experience in corporate responsibility, environmental sustainability and business strategy;
- Experience in or knowledge of carbon finance, carbon markets and climate change;
- Knowledge and experience using CRM and automation software a plus;
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office products, especially MS Excel.
- At ease working in a small start-up type structure, where tasks and responsibilities might require flexibility and versatility;
- Detail-oriented, with good planning capacities and excellent time-management and time-keeping skills;
- Able to operate in a multicultural environment;
- High level of autonomy at work, with a team-player approach;
- Adaptive, patient, resilient and highly proactive;
- Excellent storyteller, networker and negotiator;
- Able to influence, multi-task and manage multiple accounts.
To apply, please submit a CV and a 1-page cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Application to Account Officer role”. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until March 29th, 2019.
In your cover letter please explain why you are well prepared to take on the responsibilities of this position, highlighting relevant examples of your work experience.
Please note that only complete applications will be considered.