The National Commercial Arbitration Centre (NCAC) was established by the 2006 Law on Commercial Arbitration. There are now 60 arbitrators who have been registered as Individual members along with 10 legal entities. NCAC's mission is to become the leading provider of commercial dispute resolution services in Cambodia with a reputation for delivering impartial and independent arbitration service expeditiously and inexpensively.
We are currently seeking to recruit one Deputy Secretary General to perform the daily functions within the NCAC General Secretariat.
The task of the Deputy Secretary General is to perform the daily functions within the NCAC. The selected Deputy Secretary General will be appointed by the Executive Board and assist the Secretary General in relation to the day-to-day operation of NCAC. The Deputy Secretary General assists Secretary General to develop NCAC business strategy and planning and ensures that NCAC's goals are met.
The Deputy Secretary General is accountable to the Secretary General and Executive Board of the NCAC. Under the direction of the Secretary General and the Executive Board, the Deputy Secretary General will perform, among other things, the following activities:
- Arbitration Administration and Case Management: performing the acts required by the NCAC Arbitration Rules, monitoring the case management and cases progress, ensuring that all aspects of the arbitration process, including appointment of arbitrators and scrutiny of awards are handled properly, overseeing or assisting with the development of work rules and procedures for the General Secretariat to operate in full compliance with the NCAC Arbitration Rules, Internal Rules, and other Executive Board decisions
- Administration and finance: overseeing the calculation and collection of applicable fees to/from parties (i.e. case registration, administration fee and arbitrator fee); keeping the registers of arbitrators and of other NCAC-members and ensuring that they are up-to-date and other activities similar to those of typical administration and finance work; organizing and preparing the nectngs of the General Assembly, the Executive Board, Advisory Board, and Committees
- Public relations and marketing: taking a role in public relations, marketing and stakeholder training
- Monitoring and Evaluation of all activities relating to NCAC operations
- Human Resource Management, including staff performance, induction, training, coaching, mentoring and advice to supervised staff to ensure that they understand and carry out their responsibilities effectively
- Continue and professional development activities: assisting and organizing trainings and professional development activities for the arbitrators and stakeholders
- Develop TORs for mentors, technical consultants, and other staff, and propose internship
programme and job description for interns
- Perform other tasks required to ensure smooth operations of NCAC
The Minimum Qualification Requirements for the Deputy SG are as follows:
- Graduated Bachelor or Master Degree in related field (law, business administration/management or development) from recognized university
- At least 3 years of experience at the senior level in managing or advising organization to deliver professional services
- At least 2-3 years of experience in managing/supervising adininistration and financial related tasks and coaching other colleagues
- A good knowledge of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), especially commercial arbitration and some commercial laws is an asset
- Having a profound understanding on roles of ADR in improvement business enabling environment in Cambodia
- High level of proficiency in English and Khmer both verbal and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Ms. Word and Excel, PowerPoint) and basic knowledge of website maintenance
- Strong interest and commitment to an independent organizational and personal development and highly motivated person to promote the Centre into the next level of development
- Excellent communication skill and ability to facilitate among various groups of busy people
- Flexibility and ability to perform multi-tasks required by NCAC
- Be able to work under pressure to get tasks done in a timely manner
- Ability to work individually and as part of teamwork
All interested candidates are invited to submit their CVs and Cover Letters along with statement of expected salary by email to Mr. Suy Sothy, at email@example.com no later than 03 May 2019 at 5:00pm.