The National Commercial Arbitration Centre (NCAC) was established by the 2006 Law on Commercial Arbitration. There are now 60 arbitrators who have been registered as Individual members along with 10 legal entities. NCAC's mission is to become the leading provider of commercial dispute resolution services in Cambodia with a reputation for delivering impartial and independent arbitration service expeditiously and inexpensively.
We are seeking to recruit one Legal Officer to perform legal tasks in the Department of Case Management of NCAC General Secretariat.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Secretary General and Head of Case Management, he/she will perform, among other things, the following tasks:
- Support the day-to-day operations and clerical duties of the Department of Case Management
- Provide information on NCAC's commercial arbitration services
- Assist in safe keeping and organizing administrative and case management records and files
- Gather information and other relevant documents/records to/from relevant stakeholders
- Assist with legal research
- Prepare notice and communication in accordance with the NCAC Arbitration Rules Assist and ensure all the necessary administrative and logistic arrangement for the meetings and hearing to be conducted in accordance with the NCAC Arbitration Rules
- Ensure the confidentiality of all case files and relevant documents
- Perform other duties as needed
At least one year of experience in related field.
Attributes, Skills and Qualification Required:
- Bachelor of Law
- Previous working experience in the legal field is required
- A good knowledge of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), especially commercial arbitration and some commercial laws is an asset
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Good MS Office and secretarial skills are required
- Be able to speak and write in Khmer and English
- Good teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Be honest and hard-working, have a strong sense of commitment and ability to take initiative
Legal Officer is expected to work on a full time basis from Monday to Friday at the General Secretariat of the National Commercial Arbitration Centre, Phnom Penh.
All interested candidates are invited to submit their CVs and Cover Letters along with statement of expected salary by email to Mr. Suy Sothy, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 03 May 2019. at a 5:00pm.