Hops Craft Beer Garden & Restaurant is a German brewery and beer garden located in the very center of one of Asia’s most attractive and vibrant cities: Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
The main venue features a craft beer brewery with a beer garden & outdoor grill, a restaurant, an art lounge, private rooms, terraces and a sports bar with high-end billiard tables and electronic darts. Our main location features a full international cuisine with a comprehensive menu.
Unique in Cambodia - our brewery ingredients are 100% natural, imported from Germany and our beer is produced following highest German brewing standards. Our food is generally modern German, occasionally fused with Asian and international cuisines. We use natural local and imported ingredients of highest quality and pride ourselves on top level food preparation with fresh produce only.
We are adding satellite locations around town ranging from a kiosk with craft beer and German snacks, to smaller craft beer restaurants with full German menus of up to 20 items.
The main venue holds up to 200 diners at a time, with 150 servings being a standard evening. Other venues will be able to serve up to 30 diners at a time.
We have developed a standard food offering which is highly appreciated by our international clientele, which is comprised of 50% Cambodian, 25% Asian and 25% international customers. Our food is a mix between German classic and modern specialties, and international options including vegetarian and vegan options.
The sous-chef ensures that the kitchen operates efficiently while maintaining highest standards and consistency for every plate that is served. He is responsible for the performance, quality standards and health and safety of the kitchen and the food it produces. He also ensures the efficiency of staff and resources and ensures, together with the chef and the whole team, that Hops Craft Beer Garden’s food is some of the best in town.
The sous chef is supported by a highly professional management team.
In particular, the sous chef is required to:
- Assist the head chef
- Check stock, support ordering and control quality of deliveries
- Follow standard procedures and policies relating to food storage and sanitation
- Understand all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation and oversee preparation and presentation of all food items
- Maintain a secure and friendly working environment.
- Support an effective inter-departmental working relationships
- Work closely with the purchasing & accounting departments
- Lead the team by example in personal hygiene and cleanliness, on and off duty
- Determine and execute operational improvements
- Constantly improve the taste and quality of the food served
- Implement standard operating procedures
- Coordinate and monitor staff schedules
- Monitor adherence to health, safety and hygiene standards
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- Good command of English
- Graduates from professional cooking school
- Minimum 2 years of experience with international restaurant or hotel
Please send your CV to or contact us for more information:
+855 (0)93 999 017
+855 (0)93 999 014