Full time with management responsibilities
Hops Craft Beer Garden & Restaurants originated from a craft brewery and beer garden located in the very
center of one of Asia’s most attractive, vibrant and livable cities: Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Our main venue features a craft beer brewery gracing a beer garden & outdoor grill, a restaurant, an art
lounge, private rooms, terraces and a sports bar with high-end billiard tables and electronic darts. It features a
comprehensive international cuisine and serves up to 250 guests at a time, with 150 food servings being a
In September 2021 we launched a second, out- and indoor craft beer restaurant in a beautiful art deco villa
surrounded by a garden in another part of town where we are offering the same menu as in our main venue.
In addition, we operate two smaller kiosks with craft beer and bar/grill snacks.
Unique in Cambodia - our brewery ingredients are 100% natural and imported from the best producers in the
world, and our popular beer selection is produced following the highest German brewing standards.
We have developed a cuisine that is highly appreciated by our international clientele, which is 50%
Cambodian, and 50% other Asian and international customers. Our food is a blend of German classic and
modern specialties, European/international options and Asian specialties, including vegetarian and vegan. We
pride ourselves on the use of top quality produce and fresh preparation of all ingredients.
We are now looking for an innovative, creative and highly reliable head chef who understands the
opportunities of a modern, German/European F&B concept around high quality, natural and original
ingredients within in- and green outdoor spaces.
The role is challenging and rewarding. The head chef ensures that the kitchen operates efficiently, while he or
she maintains the highest standards and consistency for every plate that is served throughout all outlets:
• Create new dishes and constantly improve the taste and quality of all food served
• Maintain and grow the performance, quality, health and safety standards of the kitchen team
• Grow sustainability and responsible use of all resources in our business while ensuring efficiency and
• Represent our kitchen and overall business towards our customers and other stakeholders.
in short - to ensure that Hops’ food is some of the best in town produced by a team that measures itself on
positive customer feedback. We pride ourselves on constant evolution and improvements according to the
feedback we receive.
The head chef is part of a highly professional, committed and engaged management, accounting and
controlling support team which aids her or him throughout all work challenges.
In particular, the head chef is required to:
• Ensure all food is of highest standard and quality
• Ensure consistency of all food created throughout our outlets
• Oversee preparation, quantities and presentation of all food items
• Manage food preparation for events and caterings
• Monitor and improve standard operating procedures
• Meet operating goals and objectives
• Organize and monitor staff schedules
• Monitor adherence to health, safety and hygiene standards
• Supplier management
• Negotiations and alignment with cost control and purchasing team
• Constantly increase quality and value of produce used
• Stay on top of trends in the international restaurant industry
• Experiment with new culinary ideas
• Participate in marketing and media activities, and support promotional activities surrounding our F&B development
• Photo shootings and food styling
• Media interviews and presentations
Knowledge and experience
• Training in an international restaurant or hotel
• Fine dining experience in a contemporary German kitchen is a plus
• Contemporary kitchen experience both in meats and vegetarian / vegan
• 2-year experience in leading and developing a kitchen team of at least 5 staff
• Organizational experience
• Understanding of inventory management and cost control
• Able to use relevant computer applications
The head chef must be competent in
• Problem analysis and resolution
• Organization and resource management
• Communication: teamwork and team leadership
• Stress tolerance and understanding of local sensibilities
• Professional use of the English language
If you feel that you are fit to join our team, please send your CV to:
Telegram: +855 (0)93 999 017 or +855 (0)16 642 860