The European Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia is a not-for-profit organization whose mandate is to enhance trade and investment relations between Europe and Cambodia through a range of advocacy initiatives, outreach activities, and business support services. We are seeking applications from individuals with an analytical mindset and excellent writing and research skills to become our Market Research Intern.
This position sits between the business and political spheres and will involve supporting the entry of European companies into the market and supporting the EuroCham team in representing the interests of the European business community vis-à-vis the Royal Government of Cambodia.
The Market Research Intern reports to the Service department coordinator, though will occasionally work directly with the other Service department team members on a project basis. She or he will be principally responsible for gathering and interpreting data, formulating reports and making recommendations to clients based upon the research findings. The role will also include logistical & strategic support to the Service department activities including training.
This job description is open to both Cambodian nationals and foreigners.
Research Services (60%)
- Supporting revenue-generating business support services from sales through to delivery;
- Supporting business development; Identifying potential project leads and developing competitive proposals for publicly tendered consultancy assignments
- Developing and maintaining strong networks within the business community and other key stakeholder groupings;
- Supporting bespoke research projects (desk research, structured interviews) to answer specific questions posed by prospective market entrants;
- Keeping up-to-date with latest developments in the Cambodian political, business and regulatory spheres;
- Supporting prospective investors during trade missions and B2B meetings facilitated by EuroCham;
- Representing the Chamber at external conferences and trade fairs for information-gathering and networking purposes;
- Collecting and storing relevant market information to act as the ‘knowledge hub’ of the Chamber so as to provide internal support to other teams.
Training Support (30%)
- Supporting the development of the EuroCham professional training program; identifying new potential training topics, trainers, launching communications for various trainings, and supporting training logistics in cooperation with the Training lead.
General Support (10%)
- Support for EuroCham events;
- Other tasks as necessary, including drafting or proofreading of texts for external communication and checking of contracts with external service providers, registering participants at various EuroCham events etc;
- Other tasks that may be required by the Executive Director.
- Adaptability and strong willingness to learn;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to switch between multiple tasks and retain knowledge across a broad range of topics;
- Completed (or due to complete) a University degree in an essay-based subject such as Economics, Business, History, or International Relations; or a STEM subject involving the analysis and presentation of complex data in written and visual formats;
- Excellent writing skills, ability to present complex information in a clear and understandable manner in professional quality English;
- Strong research skills – both desk research and structured interviews;
- Ability to develop and leverage a large network in a multicultural environment;
- Strong sense of customer service;
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
Interested in this opportunity? Submit your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com